Homemade Apple Salsa
- 3 Large Macintosh or other red skinned apples
- 3 Large Granny Smith apples
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 2 green onions
- 1 small can (4 oz) of mild green chillies (chopped)
- Jalapeno peppers - if you like spicy salsa. Chop fine and add to taste
- 6 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped fine
- 2 limes
Dice the apples and sprinkle the juice from 1/2 lime over them to keep them from browning. Put the apples in a bowl. Dice the yellow pepper. Cut the green onion into small pieces. Add the pepper, onions, chillies, jalapenos (optional) and cilantro to the bowl.
Squeeze the rest of the lime juice over the ingredients. Mix well. Cover the salsa with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use. You can make this up to a few hours ahead.
You can serve it with blue corn chips, tortilla chips or celery sticks.